|It may be back to square one|
for SD52 when it comes to
deciding on a School Calendar
As we noted on the blog yesterday, SD52 trustees were to vote on the calendar issue at a Special Open Board meeting held last night, what was expected to be the final word on what the Spring Break of 2017 would look like.
However, in a media release from today, the School District has advised that with trustee Terri-Lynne Huddlestone giving notice that she will be asking the Board to reconsider its decision of March 15th, the process will now be deferred until the next meeting of the School Board, which takes place on April 12th.
At that time, the School District will reconsider the previously dismissed proposal of a two week break at the mid-month period of March of 2017.
Should the motion for reconsideration be passed by a 2/3 majority on April 12th, that proposal will be back on the table for a full debate, along with the two other options that the School District has been studying.
The surprising development marks the latest twist in what has become a lengthy attempt to settle on some kind of certainty for the year ahead.
Since we may soon be back at the starting line for the entire process, a review of the long running calendar debate can be found below:
March 30 -- Decision Day for SD52 on School Calendar issue
March 17 -- Community reaction builds as SD52 stays with one week break for Spring of 2017
March 15 -- School District to host public forum on 2017 School Calendar tonight
More background on developments with School District 52 can be found on our archive page here.