Wednesday, February 26, 2020

North Coast MLA Jennifer Rice shares more parenting moments with Legislature members

MLA Rice spoke to the theme of breastfeeding Tuesday at the Legislature

New parent Jennifer Rice has provided for some more notes on her parenting experience for those in the Legislature, with the North Coast MLA speaking to the theme on Tuesday during the statements period of the morning session.

"When I envisioned being a parent, breastfeeding my baby felt like a normal and natural thing to do, but with my wife Andrea being the one to carry our child; I thought that role would naturally fall to her as the gestational mother. 

Later on I felt that i was missing out, I'm a mom too and I should be able to breast feed my son I thought"  -- North Coast MLA Jennifer Rice speaking during the Tuesday morning session

Her theme for the tutorial for MLA's was that of Breastfeeding, with Ms. Rice sharing her experiences and to let people and inform health care professionals of the opportunity available without pregnancy for non-gestational parents.




The full transcript of her remarks can be found here at the 10:20 mark

For more items of note from MLA Rice's work at the Legislature see our archive page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment