|Sailings of the Northern Expedition|
have been cancelled for today as
a major storm approaches
The 10 AM sailing from Prince Rupert and the 10 PM departure from Skidegate is the first to be cancelled, as the storm begins to move towards this corner of the Pacific Northwest.
The Ferry Service posted the Revised schedule today to its website this morning, marking the 10 PM sailing on Sunday October 11th as the first listed as part of that schedule, along with a notice of additional sailings on Monday.
The revised schedule is of course dependent on the weather and further updates may be required as Sunday approaches.
You can get updates on planned sailings from BC Ferries through their Service Notice page here.
Yesterday afternoon Environment Canada issued a Special Weather Statement regarding the forecast for the weekend, you can review that notice from our item of yesterday.
We will provide updates through the day and into the weekend as the weather system continues on with its path towards the region.