Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Rampage claim 7-4 victory over Terrace in first road game of the season

A weekend jaunt to Terrace for the Prince Rupert Rampage provided just the right start for their road travel on the year, as the Rhinos took  7-4 decision over the home town River Kings Saturday night at the Terrace Ice Arena.

Led by Patrick Robert who claimed a hat trick on the night, the Rampage came back from a first period deficit to take control of the play over the course of the final forty minutes.

Robert gained his first goal of the night at the 5 minute point of the opening period, with Jordan Aubree gaining the helper, a marker which cut the Rampage deficit to one towards in the early stages of period one.  However, the River Kings regained a two goal advantage with less than five minutes to go  taking a 3-1 lead into the dressing room.

The Rampage quickly turned around the game however in period number two, with four consecutive goals, the first from Josh Cook, assisted by Tyler Ostrom at the forty three second mark of the second. Patrick Robert picked up goal number two on the night at the 4:18 point, with Thomas Robinson and Jean Luc-Fournier chipping in with assists on the play.

Cole Atchison put the Rampage ahead for the first time at 13:25 of the period, with Jordan Aubree and
Devin Palmer sharing in the helpers. Kory Movald added to the lead three minutes later with Jean Luc Fournier once again finding his way onto the score sheet, along with Thomas Robinson with his own assist.

Terrace would battle back to bring the game to within one late in the second, being both teams to the dressing room with the Rampage leading 5-4 with twenty minutes to play.

The third was all Rampage on the score sheet, Devin Palmer made it a two goal spread at 10:38 of period three, assisted by Kory Movald and Tyler Ostrom. 

The final marker of the night coming with but thirty seconds to go, when Patrick Robin claimed the hat trick, assisted by Ben Towner and Thomas Robinson, bring the final to a 7-4 advantage for the Rupert visitors.

The play was physical for much of the evening, with periods two and three in particular showcasing some angry play on the ice, resulting in a number of roughing and slashing calls, as well as three misconducts on the night. In total the Rampage served 46 minutes of penalty time on 15 infractions, while Terrace sat in the box for 24 minutes on 8 infractions.

The play was for the most part fairly even on the night, Devin Gerrits faced 34 shots in the Prince Rupert nets, turning aside all but four, while Patrick Leal was a little bit busier in the Terrace end facing 37 Rampage shots, with 7 finding a red light flashing at the end of the play.

The Rampage take to the road once again on Friday night when they head for Kitimat, part of a home and home series that will see the Ice Demons in town on Saturday night for an 8 PM puck drop at the Jim.

Our results and scores page can be found here.

For more of our past items on the Prince Rupert Rampage , as well as for notes assembled from around the CIHL see our archive page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment