Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Rough game, tough loss for Ramapge on Saturday night

Saturday night was all right for fighting, we got a little action here....

With apologies to Elton John, who seems to have hit the Rampage Saturday night on the head with his 1970's hit single, that as the home side came up light on the scoreboard and significantly heavy on the penalty totals from their CIHL contest.

The Kitimat Ice Demons collected their first win of the season, in a physical game which saw the home side collect some thirty seven minutes of penalties by the time hostilities came to an end.  7 of them assessed to Jared Andreeson who collected a string of official notifications, including a game misconduct at the 17:21 mark of the final period.

Things didn't start out on the wild side, with a first period that featured but two penalties one to each side,  a helpful resting period for the official scorer, who most likely had developed writers cramp by the time the final horn blew late into Saturday night.

The middle frame featured a number of calls related to slashing, roughing, tripping and hooking,  including a double minor for roughing to the Ice Demons Jeremy Brady,  an incident which seems to have lit the fuse for much of what came through the remainder of the game.

The third period was relatively calm until the eight minute mark when Craig Munro started what would turn out to be a parade to the penalty box over the final twelve minutes of the period. With the Rampage accounting for 9 penalty calls, to the Ice Demons three.

By the time the two teams retired to their dressing rooms at games end, the total penalty count would find the Ice Demons assessed 10 penalties for 20 minutes, while the Rampage accounted for 15 infractions for a total of 37 minutes.

In non rule enforcement matters, the game for the most part belonged to the Ice Demons, who collected a 4-0 victory through one goal in the first, two in the second and a final marker in the third.

Kitimat made good use of its many power play opportunities, picking up two of their four goals through the eight opportunities that they had on PP, the Rampage had five opportunities with an extra man, but could not find the mark on the night.

Still, the Prince Rupert squad had their opportunities to score, actually out shooting the Ice Demons on the night by a total of 25 to 20.

Kitimat's Thomas Mildenberger held off the Rampage attack to earn the shut out, while Devin Gerrits was tagged with the loss in the Prince Rupert net.

You can review the listings of the penalty calls and Kitimat scoring plays from the Box Score of the post Halloween night of mayhem,  played in front of 529 who took in the match at the Jim Ciccone Civic Centre on Saturday night,.

The weekend marked the last opportunity for Rampage fans to see the home side at the Jim until December.

The Rampage will be looking to pick up their second win of the season sometime this month as they launch a lengthy road trip, the first two games coming up this weekend in the Cariboo as Prince Rupert travels to Williams Lake and Qusenel.

Prince Rupert does not play another home game at the Jim until December 6th when Smithers will come to town.

The upcoming five game road expedition makes for a challenging situation for the Rampage who will be looking to keep pace with their division rivals.

As they head down to the Cariboo for the first phase, the Rampage have a record of one win, three losses and an overtime loss, with Saturday's setback against Kitimat dropping the Rampage into a third place tie with the Ice Demons.

You can review more on the CIHL and our Rampage notes here, as well, our Results/Schedule page features links to a number information options on both the CIHL and the Rampage.

No comments:

Post a Comment